If you wake up in the morning feeling tired then you make feel sluggish all throughout the day and fall asleep in the evening itself. This will surely impact your performance and productivity at work.
However with some minor changes to your diet and lifestyle it is possible to get more energy and have some zip.
In this article I’m going to provide you 7 top ways to get more energy so that you are active all throughout the day and will be able to do your job with lots of zeal and energy.
1. Start your day with a glass of warm lemon water. It seems that lemons have healing properties that help you to overcome indigestion and other problems like heartburn, bloating, burping etc. Lemon water also helps in flushing out the toxins from your body. Even the uric acid in the joints that cause pain can get flushed out if you drink warm lemon water.
With proper digestions and timely bowel movements you won’t feel lethargic and will be able to move around and perform your daily routines with energy and perfection.
2. Another important mineral that can impact energy levels is magnesium. It seems many of the bio chemical reactions in the human body require magnesium. With low levels of magnesium in the body your heart rate may go up and you may need more oxygen to perform some of the physical activities. This in turn may leave you tired and worn out.
An excellent way to boost magnesium in the body is by having nuts like hazelnuts, cashew nuts and almonds. You just need to eat handful of nuts and this should help you to get more energy. Even eating fish can help in boosting magnesium levels in the body.
3. Drink at least 7-8 glasses of water every day. When your body gets dehydrated you may feel tired and lethargic. Drinking water not only keeps the body hydrated but also helps in avoiding constipation and helps in proper bowel movements.
4. An important step that can make a big difference to your energy levels is your diet. If you can eat 5-6 mini meals instead of 3 large meals, this will boost your energy. When you eat 5-6 mini meals the blood sugar level remains stable and your body is able to convert glucose (sugar) into energy.
If you eat large meals and go for processed foods that have lots of preservatives and artificial sugar then your blood sugar spikes. To compensate for this spike the body releases lots of insulin. Subsequently your blood sugar level dips. This leads to a cycle of blood sugar peaks and lows that can make you feel tired.
5. Raw foods like fruits and vegetables can help you to get more energy. It seems cooking foods at high temperatures destroys nutrients and digestive enzymes. Many studies have indicated the eating fruits like black berries, blue berries, grapefruit, guava, apple, orange etc. not only increases energy but it also helps in improved digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Similarly green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, collard, Swiss chard etc. are highly beneficial for the body. In fact you can replace an oily snack by having a green smoothie to give a boost to energy. You can have an apple or avocado as snack in between meals.
6. Daily physical activities and workouts can also help you to get energized. This may seem counter intuitive to you however many research studies have indicated that regular exercises help in increasing stamina and energy levels. You don’t have to lift weights or run a marathon. A simple brisk walk for 20 minutes every day can make a big difference. In just a few weeks you will see a difference to your stamina.
7. Another good way to get more energy is to take power naps. You just need a power nap of 15-20 minutes and you’ll feel energetic. Resting also helps in repair works inside the body. This option is not just for old people but even youngsters can take advantage.